Our virtual one week work experience scheme offers an insight into a professional environment in the City. It is designed to help you gain essential employability skills through a range of interactive workshops, as well as build connections to help you realise your career path.
The placements are open to year 12 students in the UK who study any subject. We want to reach talented students who are motivated, enthusiastic and organised who want work insight opportunities in a professional environment.
Eligible candidates will also have access to Social Mobility Business Partnership’s (SMBP) programme, offering further insight from leading companies to further develop your career aspirations.
- Interactive sessions to speak to a range of our legal and business services staff
- Skills-based workshops including ‘how to make your application stand out’ and ‘how to build your personal brand’
- Offline tasks that will hone your business acumen and creativity in a commercial context
- Be part of the Slaughter and May work experience alumni network for ongoing support and signposting to other opportunities
If you are unsure about a legal career and want a better understanding of careers in the City, then why not consider our Excellerators Work Insight Scheme?
To be eligible for the programme, students must:
- be in Year 12 at a UK state school at the time of applying; and
- have achieved at least 5 GCSEs at grades 6 – 9.
Please note, we will be prioritising students who meet the PRIME eligibility criteria.
The scheme will take place virtually during the week of 26 July 2021 (dates may be subject to change), with a further week offered to eligible students through the SMBP programme during the week of 9 August 2021. Applications close on Sunday 2nd May 2021 at 23:59. Email us for more information or to apply.